Testing & commissioning is the process of verifying after installation of the mechanical systems (HVAC), plumbing, electrical, fire/life safety and building security. This process is required to verify the compliance of the installation with the specification and to make sure it functions properly. Building commissioning is a quality-focused process necessary for the handover of the project.
Building commissioning process involves a synergy team from pre-design to:
- develop the owner’s project requirements (OPR)
- commissioning scope and plan
- review of design documents and checklists for achieving the Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR)
- development of checklists and verifying a sample of construction checklists and submittals
- developing training needs and evaluating training delivered by the contractors
- witnessing and verifying construction phase tests
- periodic site observations during the construction phase, and performing commissioning functional testing as the project nears completion.